Have you always wanted a swimming pool? Are you in the market for a new home? Here is what to know if you buy a home with a pool. There are many considerations, not the least of which is the upkeep and maintenance and the cost of homeowner’s insurance.
There are a few items that should give you pause, the swimming pool contractors from Bella Blue Pools in Toledo, Ohio explain.
What to know if you buy a home with a pool
Consider these items when buying a home with a pool.
- Will the pool need work? It’s best to have a swimming pool contractor perform an inspection before you make a decision based on buying the home because it has a pool.
- Does the pool still have a warranty? Does the equipment? Do the warranties transfer to a new pool/home owner? Make certain you ask before committing.
- What if you have always wanted a home with a pool… but just not that pool. It is extremely difficult to change the shape and style of a pool — keep that in mind.
- Is the safety technology as current as it needs to be in order to make sure everyone who uses the pool is as safe as they can be. You can definitely install and update and upgrade pool safety.
- Ask a pool contractor what the price of ongoing pool upkeep and maintenance will run you annually. Take that figure and factor that into your overall length of time of pool ownership. Don’t forget to factor in increases in utility bills, too.
If you’re looking for a home with a pool because you don’t want to endure a pool construction project, buying a home with a pool might be just what works best for you!