When you’re spending time in the swimming pool are you being bugged by mosquitoes? These tiny biting nuisances, are more than a nuisance. Mosquitoes can carry and pass on life-threatening disease in addition to biting, drawing blood and leaving itchy welts behind.
They’re irritating and you don’t want to spend your time shooing them away, nor do you want to go inside when the sun goes down because the mosquitoes are coming out. The swimming pool contractors from Bella Blue Pools have tips for keeping mosquitoes from ruining your party.
Are you being bugged by mosquitoes?
Having a swimming pool means you have a perfect recipe for mosquitoes:
You need to protect your family by keeping mosquitoes from making an appearance at your swimming pool.
To keep mosquitoes away from your pool, make it not so inviting:
- Dump any standing water
- Keep the grass cut
- Use a pool cover
- Remove or fill in any tree stumps as that is an ideal place for a mosquito to lay eggs
- Keep the water chemistry balanced so it’s not a hospitable environment for mosquitoes
How can you kill mosquitoes?
Here are some ways:
- Larvicides for the eggs
- Adulticides for the full grown mosquitoes
- Home misting system
- Yard treatment to kill mosquitoes — if you have children or pets running around the yard, this may not be safe.
- There are natural predators you can “lure” into your yard: dragonflies, birds, bats
- Bug and netting curtains
- Mosquito repellant plants
- Mosquito sprays you put on your body
- Citronella candles
Take precautions to keep mosquitoes away from your pool and your pool party. Keep everyone safe from getting bitten. Ask us for other ways in which to protect your yard from mosquitoes. You certainly don’t want to leave the fun of the swimming pool when the sun goes down because you’re being attacked by mosquitoes!