Did you just buy a home that has a swimming pool? Have you had your family pool for some time now and you’re ready to shake things up a bit and remodel or renovate it? How to plan a swimming pool remodel is something the swimming pool contractors from Bella Blue Pools in Maumee, Ohio talk with their customers about quite regularly.
It’s inevitable that at some point you will look at your pool and want to refresh it, breathe new life into and upgrade and replace equipment that is no longer energy efficient.
How to plan a swimming pool remodel
Here are some items you may be looking at when you’re looking to remodel your swimming pool. Keep in mind that your pool will be able to be used for a decade or more before you will need to plan a remodeling project. Also, don’t forget to set up your budget before you meet with us so we can help you prioritize what needs to be done what versus what would be nice to have done.
- Resurfacing the pool. A pool resurfacing will need to be done between five and fifteen years. This will depend on the pool finish and on how well the pool chemistry is maintained. When you have the pool resurfaced, you’re not impacting the shell of the pool, the pool contractor is working on the top layer of the deck.
- Upgrading safety features. Depending on the ages of those in the household and whether your lifestyle has changed it is always good to give your pool’s safety features a once over and upgrade them to keep everyone as safe as you possibly can.
- It just looks ho-hum. Whether you moved into a house with an existing pool that doesn’t really appeal to you or if you’re just bored of the pool you’ve had for years, you can do a lot to upgrade the aesthetics of the pool. This could include new decking, new furniture, new water features and in pool lighting, for example.
- Upgrade your pool to more energy and environmentally friendly style by upgrading the equipment or even by adding a saltwater chlorination system.
- Do you want to keep your backyard area functional or do you want to elevate it to “staycation” worthy? A pool remodeling project is just the time to look at how to elevate the outdoor living space.
How will you pay for the pool remodeling? You can certainly save up for it — as long as you know what the price tag will be or you can take out financing. Let us know what you need to do, what you want to do and we can help you get the pool project of your dreams!