Are you a new swimming pool owner? Have you owned a swimming pool for a few years now and have been wondering if there are ways to have a swimming pool that puts less of a pinch on the family household budget. The swimming pool contractors from Bella Blue Pools in Toledo, Ohio have some money-saving pool options for those who want to save money without sacrificing pool beauty and cleanliness.
Money-saving pool options
- Invest in a solar pool cover. If you use the solar cover in the summer you can have heated, warmer water without any expense.
- Protect the vacuum head by storing it correctly. Don’t let the bristles rest on the floor or against a wall. If they get compacted they will not work as well and can even damage the pool walls and floor.
- Keep track of the pool during the winter. If you live in an area that gets rain or snow, you will want to pump off standing water and check to assure the cover is still firmly in place. If you get hit with a massive snowfall and there is no warm up in sight — to melt the snow — you will want to gently brush the snow off the cover to prevent it from weighing it down and damaging the cover.
- Invest in a variable speed pool pump. This will operate at a higher level when needed (when you’re vacuuming the pool, for instance) and at a lower speed and level when it is simply circulating the water and the chemicals throughout the water.
- If you are a do-it-yourselfer when it comes to pool maintenance you are better served to buy the pool chemicals early in the season and buy in bulk.
- Plan to run the pool pump at night when the cost of electricity is lower and there is less of a draw on the power grid.
Ask us for other ways in which you can save money and even water when you’re a swimming pool owner!